Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Kidney Stones?

So all of a sudden yesterday afternoon I got a stomach ache.  I thought it was something I ate but about 20 minutes later I threw up.  I went and laid down then I got sick to my stomach again.  Then I got an excruciating pain in my left side. It hurt worst then going labor.  I think I had a kidney stone.  My whole left side hurt so bad.  I couldn’t find a comfortable way to lay.  I kept throwing up.  My son kept asking me if I needed anything like peptobismal, asprin…   When hubby came home he had me take some ibuprofen, sip some ginger ale and he made me some soup.  The pain subsided after a while.  I guess the ibuprofen finally kicked in but not after getting sick to my stomach. Finally that stopped, too.  I went to bed early but I had trouble sleeping then about 2am I finally got to sleep and stayed asleep.  The only other times I had kidney stones was when I was pregnant and it felt like I was going into labor. I must have passed the stone because now I’m feeling better. I took it easy today and stayed in bed all today.  I still have a little twinge of pain but nothing like last night.  I’m glad it’s over. 

I hate when I get sick like that out of the blue. One minute I was fine then the next I was doubled over in pain and getting sick to my stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment