Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Summer Solstice!

 Let the summer begin.  Happy Summer Solstice!  It was a lovely day for a walk and to watch the sun go down on this longest day of the year. Time to think about about summer vacation.  Right now we don't have any summer vacation plans.  The boys is doing a couple of camps so maybe we can fit in a vacation or staycation in between camps.



This summer hubby and I are working on getting healthier.  For the last 2 weeks we have been tracking our food and tyring to get in more exercise.  We have also been trying to eat more fruits, vegetables, protein and low carbs.  I've noticed I have a little more energy and I'm not feeling as tired. We have been walking in the evenings and hubby as started running again. I'm going to start running again.  I will have to start from scratch though since I haven't done any running since January.  Baby steps.  I'm going to start using my "Couch to 5K" app  to help me get started.

I'm glad it's summer and that it stays light out longer.  When I was a kid it seemed like it stayed light until around 10:00pm. Summer vacation was longer, too.  Now it's barely summer before the kids have to go back to school.  Now-a-days it isn't quite that long. In my part of the world, it's not warm enough to sit outside on ones front porch on a summer night.


No comments:

Post a Comment