Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Count Down To Divas Half Marathon 5K

T-Minus 5 weeks until the Divas 5K.  I have been slowly adding more distance to my runs.  I am up to 2.25 miles.  Next week I will add some more distance so I will be able to run the 3.1 miles on race day.  My body is sore after increasing my distance to 2.25  miles.  Next weekend I am going to run the race course so I can get a feel for it. The last week before the race I will be tapering off my runs and do some small runs so my muscles don’t stiffen up before the race.  My goal is to be able to run the 3.1 miles without stopping on May 1.  I recently found out that one of the ladies I know from church is also training to run the Divas race but she is doing the half marathon.

Some days are easier than others to run.  I haven’t gotten to the point where I can run without getting out of breath or my legs and feet from feeling like they have lead in them.  At some point it’s got to be easier and not feel like I am just starting out running every time.  Do you ever get to the point where you can just run without it feeling like you are just starting out running after being a couch potato for years? My husband says it's because I'm increasing the mileage every week so it's always a longer distance then I run before.



No comments:

Post a Comment