Pages

Wednesday, May 07, 2014

T-Minus 4 Weeks

T-Minus 4 weeks until the Divas 5K race.  Yesterday my hubby and I did a trial run on the race course so I could get a feel for it and so I would know where everything was.  See where the parking is and how the course goes. I have been running for 45 minutes for 2.25 miles.  I ran for 30 minutes to the 1.55 mile turn around but I had to walk back.  I just didn't have the energy to keep running.  It was a little warm.  This was the first time I tried to run the 3.1 miles.  Earlier in the day we walked to the boys school because they had a 5K race in the morning and a carnival afterwards.  They had the carnival on the field above the school so that is a nice little climb up there.  The boys dance company was performing a sneak peak dance from the upcoming show in 2 weeks so we stood around on the black top waiting for them to come on.  I think climbing up the hill, standing around and the heat did me in.  Hubby and I are going to do another trial run on the course again next week. Hopefully I will be able to run the whole course.  I hope I will be able to run the whole 3.1 miles on race day.  My goal is to run it without stopping to walk some of the course.

screenshot-copy.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment