Pages

Sunday, May 01, 2011

Davis

We went up to Davis so hubby could run a half marathon in Sacramento.  We spent Friday night at my sister-in-law's house. She took us to the Black Bear Restaurant for dinner.  I had a yummy hamburger and fries, the boy got a hamburger, SIL got a vegi burger and hubby got the prime rib special. :)  The portions were good sized.  While hubby ran the half marathon the boy and I spent the morning with my sister-in-law.  We had donuts at Fluffy Donuts then we looked at the shops. She took us to the Farmers Market where I bought some herbs and a tomato plants to plant in the garden. There are some cute boutique shops.  The boy wanted to look at the game store and the comic book store. After he finished the race we met hubby at SIL's house.  We all rested and hubby got cleaned up before we headed out for a late lunch early supper. We decided we wanted Sushi for dinner but when we got to the Sushi place it was a different restaurant so we decided to eat there.  It was really good.  It is a noodle house.  I had chicken chow mein, SIL vegetable chow mein, the boy had a beef noodle soup and hubby got the spicy noodles.  After we finished we went over to UC Davis to walk along the path at the Arboretum.  It is a really nice path that goes on for miles.  There were a lot of really cool plants and trees along the path.  A lot of the plants were in bloom.  I got a lot of really nice pictures on our walk.  After the walk we decided to go hit some ice cream since it was a little warm out.  There was another little garden near the ice cream shop that we strolled through that had a lot of cool water fountains and plants in it.  It got me inspired to start working on my garden again.

No comments:

Post a Comment