Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Acupuncture Session

My shoulder is improving but I still don't have full range of motion.  The cortisone shot and the exercises helped. I was really sore this morning when I woke up.  I think I used my arm too much yesterday doing light housework so I decided to go see an Acupuncturist to see if they could help me. My ortho Doctor told me I had a frozen shoulder. I had my first session this afternoon with an Acupuncturist.  The Acupuncturist put heat on my shoulder, too. My shoulder had some strange sensations it felt like things were flowing through my shoulder down my arm.  The heat from the heating felt like it moved around on my shoulder as to where I needed the heat. She said my shoulder and back were really stiff.   I think it helped because my shoulder felt better afterwards and I felt relaxed.  I have another session on Monday.  She wants to me to go twice a week for a month and a half. Hopefully between the exercises and the acupuncture it will get my range of motion back.

No comments:

Post a Comment