Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Cub Scout Camping

My son's Cub Scout pack had their annual camping trip this last weekend at New Brighton State Beach.  This is our last camping trip with the Cub Scouts the boy will be bridging over to Boys Scouts soon. We were going to leave on Friday afternoon but hubby couldn't get off work in time so we decided to leave Saturday morning.  We didn't want to have to set the tent up in the dark.  The boys baseball team only had 8 boys that could play on Saturday so we decided to go after he played his game.  We packed up after we got back from the game.  We didn't leave until about 12:30 we got to the campsite around 1:30.  The weather was sunny and nice when we arrived. We set up our tent and then headed down to the beach and hung out for a bit.  We went back up to campsite and had some dinner.  We had marinated some chicken and vegetable on skewers and cooked them over the fire.  We had s'mores and popcorn after dinner.  I had trouble going to sleep even though I was really comfortable. 

The next morning we had pancakes which were yummy.  We made the batter Saturday morning so I think that is why it tasted really good.  We left the campground at 12:30 and got home around 1:so.  We took quick showers then we went to the park to have a Mother's Day picnic with the In-Laws.  I was exhausted since I didn't sleep well the night before.  Hubby and the boy were going to make me a nice dinner for Mother's Day but we were too full after the picnic so we do my Mother's Day dinner another night.

No comments:

Post a Comment