Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Shanghai Nights Dance/Auction Fundraiser

Last night hubby and I went to our son's Dance/Auction fundraiser.  I wasn't sure if I would be able to make it because I got the crud that my son brought home from Outdoor Ed.  I was in bed all day Friday sleeping.  Also I wasn't sure if I would be able to dance and stand around with my injured arm that isn't healed yet. The theme this year was Shanghai Nights.  They had a great turn out considering it was raining and the tickets sales got off to a slow start.  They started selling tickets after school and advertising it on the school's  Facebook page.  The food was yummy. A few of the offerings were:

Appetizers:
Lemongrass Tomato Soup
Pork Pot stickers
Green Onion Pancakes with Gingered Eggplant

Entree:
Chinese Five Spiced Roasted Chicken  with Lime
Bok Choy and Shiitake Stir Fry
Steamed Rice
Cabbage Slaw with Sesame Snap Peas

Dessert::
Fortune Cookies and other desserts

It took them a long time to get going with the dancing.  The silent and live auctions went a little over time.  We only had a little time for dancing.  The DJ started off OK playing old school music but towards the end he started playing some music I didn't recognize.

No comments:

Post a Comment