Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saturday Hike

My son's Cub Scout den did a hike yesterday for their Outdoors Men badge.  The hike was at a local park.  Hubby and I joined them.  We all hiked the trail that went up to the water fall the den continued up to the top of the mountain on an adjacent trail that made a loop back down to where we started.  Hubby and I walked 2 1/2 miles and the boys walked over 3 miles.  This time of year the waterfall is just a trickle.  During the raining season it is too muddy to hike up the trail to see the falls gushing down the mountain.  There was some interesting trees and foliage though. I usually hike in there during the Spring when all of the wild sweet peas are in bloom. It was a little warm so I got really hot and used up of my water. Hubby and  I are so out of shape though we had to keep stopping and I thought I was going to be sick. The distance to the waterfall is not much but it was enough for an out of shape person like me.  I hurt my toe a few months ago so I haven't exercised in months.  I got into the habit of not exercising so now it is hard for me to get back into.  It is too easy to NOT exercise! 

1 comment:

  1. Good for you & Mike, Dorene. It sounds like a really nice winter hike. I love the photo you posted, too!

    ReplyDelete