Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm thankful for:
being able to have my family together for Thanksgiving
my hubby and son
my friends
having a roof over my head, food
my family and I are healthy

We went to my mom's house today. It is a 2 hour drive but it always takes us about 3 hours because of the traffic. We were all there this year. My sisters and brother all came. We haven't been together for the holidays since 2001. It was so nice seeing my brother, sil, nieces,my sisters, my mom and my uncle. The house was ringing with laughter. We all had a nice time. It was sunny and mild there today.

We left at 7:00pm and it still took us 3 hours to get home. You would think the traffic wouldn't be as bad that time of night. It was heavy but not stopped until we got to the bridge where it was stop and go all the way to the tollbooth. We came home with leftovers and a bottle of Martinelli's Sparkling Cider. While we were in the stop and go bridge traffic, we heard a loud pop and something hit my arm so I asked my son who was in the back seat what he was doing. He said he wasn't doing anything. I looked down on my arm and there was the cap from the Sparkling Cider. It had exploded. Luckily the bottle had been opened at my mom's and it wasn't a full bottle otherwise hubby and I would be wearing Sparkling Cider! LOL It wasn't cold out maybe that is what made it pop or it was tired of the stop and go traffic. hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment