Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Heat Wave

We had a mini heat wave that started on Thursday. It was 89 degrees here with a warm breeze. We usually get that kind of weather once or twice a year. It was way too hot to do anything. Poor DH wasn't feeling well so he stayed home from work. I don't know how he slept all day when it was so hot. There were a lot kids from his school that went down to the beach since it was so hot. My son had baseball practice in the afternoon. I was debating whether to go or not. I decided to have him go. He hasn't hitted any balls off the pitching machine this year since his second game so he was discouraged about playing baseball. He got a hit at practice. He was so excited! He couldn't wait to come home and tell Daddy.

The weather was a bit cooler on Friday. Thank goodness. My friend and I have been walking 3 days a week. I worked in my son's classroom and then my friend and I went for a walk. It was very pleasant out and the ocean was very pretty. The breeze was a lot cooler, too. DH stayed home from work again and slept all day. He finally serviced briefly for dinner then he went back to bed. His boss was sick the beginning of the week. So nice of him to share!

Saturday was even cooler and the fog started coming in. My son had a baseball game this afternoon. He smacked the ball in the first inning. All of the parents and coaches starting cheering for him and then their was a wave of cheers coming from the dugout from all of his teammates. He made it to first then to second after his teammate hit it and then to third and home from another teammate. He was so excited about the hit. Later in the game he got a player out at second. I went over to the dugout and all of his teammates were telling about my son hitting the ball. He got the game ball after the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment