Pages

Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day of School

Today was my son's first day of school. He is in 2nd grade. DH and I went to school with him to see him off. After we dropped him off they had coffee and donuts for the parents and the principal gave a little welcoming speech. There are 3 2nd grade classes. My son and his friends are all in different classes. He has quite a few kids from last year in his class. His teacher is into the Arts so she does a lot of arty projects. He had a good day today. He was excited when I picked him up. I am going to help out with the art program this year. Our school teaches music, drama and art. They are taught by the parent volunteers. This is the first year I have done this so it should be fun. He has come home with a lot of cool art projects so I can't wait to get started.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that he has had a positive first day of school (I know that helps you too!). The teacher sounds like she will be good for the kids too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2nd grade is so wonderful...at that age they're so excited about learning and they look forward to school starting. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! It sounds like he was able to get a GRREAT teacher! That is always a relief.

    ReplyDelete