Pages

Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Skunk!

Hubby and I went for a run yesterday evening.  It was a warm day so there were quite a few people out walking the path at twilight. The path we like to run is near the ocean and a creek so there are some wild life animals there like wild rabbits, birds and skunks.  So we ran up the path and turned around at the other end. We were running back down the hill when a baby skunk with its tail up came onto the path and sauntered over to the bushes on the other side of the path.  Hubby and I stopped dead in our tracks.  We didn't want to go anywhere near the skunk so we made a wide berth around it onto the dirt path that runs along the paved path.  Then we booked it the rest of the way down the hill. That was a lot faster then I wanted to run. My heart was pounding.  Hubby was right behind me!  I had a nice cadence going before we saw the skunk.  It messed up my running rhythm.  I was out of sync for the rest of our run. We made it past the skunk without getting sprayed.  Not sure if it had just sprayed something or it just likes walking with it's tail up. We didn't want to stick around to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment