Pages

Monday, May 25, 2015

Rambutan Fruit

I saw this interesting fruit at Safeway it's called rambutan.  I haven't seen this fruit in our store before. Our store manager has been stocking some exotic fruits like rambutan, dragon fruit, sapote, etc.   It's kind of weird looking but it tastes like a grape.  It's looks like a chia pet. LOL!  I had to google how to open it because I've never eaten one and I didn't know what to do with it! One needs to pull it apart from the seam then pull out the white grape shaped fruit which has a pit inside. It isn't easy getting the pit out or maybe there is a trick to it.  I ended up eating around the pit because I couldn't get the fruit open. I only bought a few of them.  I'm definitely going to try them again. My son wants to try the dragon fruit next.
Rambutan fruit



No comments:

Post a Comment