Pages

Friday, February 20, 2015

Hubby's Surprise 60th Birthday Pary

All year I have been thinking about what I was going to do for my hubby’s 60th birthday in January. My sister-in-law and I decided to throw him a surprise 60th birthday party. We had it at a local restaurant that is down the coast from us at the harbor.  We got one of their party packages and had it one of their semi-private rooms. 


When the big day finally arrived, I told him his sister texted me and wanted us to meet her and his other sister at the restaurant to celebrate my birthday which is 7 days after hubby’s.  When he walked into the room he wasn’t sure what was going on since all he noticed was his sisters and mom.  Then everyone said surprise and he turned and saw his friends on the other side of the room.  Too bad my family lives too far away so they were unable to attend.  We achieved total surprise—he never had a clue!  He was smiling all evening, chatting with his friends and enjoying the fantastic food.

We went with the sit down dinner package--Crispy Calamari, Artichoke Hearts and Beer Brat Pops appetizers, Mavericks Clam Chowder and Mini Pear Salad starter, Fresh Seasonal Catch, Garden Harvest Ravioli, Flat Iron Steak and Chicken Parmigiana entrée and for dessert Chef’s Dessert Bites.  We had an open bar up to a certain amount. The food was really good. Everybody had a great time.  We even ran into a few local people we knew.

Afterwards, we went to check out the bar because they had a live band playing which was really good. Unfortunately we couldn’t stay and dance because hubby’s leg has been hurting him so he couldn’t stand on it for long.
Hubby's Surprise Birthday Party!

No comments:

Post a Comment