Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Lips Back!

So I had an um interesting thing happen last Thursday.  For a few weeks now I have been having chapped lips.  My lips finally got better.  Last Thursday was my work Christmas party at a local restaurant where I have eaten before.  I ordered Sloppy Tots plate to share with my friend and co-worker.  The portion is huge. It was a very yummy dish tater tots with sloppy joe mixture with slivered scallions on top and a bit of cheese.  The only thing I had to drink was ice water.

We also did a gift exchange where we picked a number then we got to go up to pick a present.  We could steal a present twice.  Anyway I ended up with a 1980’s decade candy box. After I got home I ate some of the candy before I went to bed.

I kid you not when I woke up the next morning my lips were huge and a little crusty around the edges. Like botox on steroids! My upper lip was rashy, raw and they hurt.  I think I had an allergic reaction to something. I was thinking from the restaurant.  I put some ice on them but it didn’t really help with the swelling just numbed it a bit.  I finally took Benadryl but I only took one because I was going to work and I didn’t want to be drowsy at work. Everyone was worried that I had an allergic reaction to something even the kids were worried.  The Benadryl finally kicked in about an hour later and my swollen lips went down a bit.

I took Benadryl before I went to bed Friday night and when I woke up the next day my lips were still a little swollen.  I took some more Benadryl every 4 hours and basically slept all day. I felt like crap.

Sunday they were still a little swollen so I took Benadryl every 4 hours and slept all day. I was still feeling like crap.

Monday when I woke up my lips were a little back to normal.  I still had the rash above my lip but it is slowly fading.  I was feeling much better today.  Two days until Christmas time to put up and decorate a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment