Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Couch to 5K Program Day 1

I started the Couch to 5K program today.  I put the C25K app on my phone.    Day 1 the program has you do a brisk walk for 5 minutes, walk for 1 minute and jog for 1 ½ minutes for a total of  20 minutes for 3 days and rest for 2 days. It is a warm day today but I had a pretty good pace going during the running portions.  This wasn’t too bad we will see how I feel tomorrow on my rest day.  I walked/jogged for 1.11 miles this morning.  I did some research on what to eat when starting running and they recommended protein before and after the run.  It is good to eat a lite breakfast an hour before running like a bagel with peanut butter, turkey and cheese on whole wheat bread, a banana and an energy bar, or a bowl of cold cereal with a cup of milk. I didn't have any bananas this morning so I some toast with peanut butter and a glass of chocolate milk before I went running. And of course to hydrate yourself.  Tomorrow is a rest  day.

No comments:

Post a Comment