Pages

Thursday, September 06, 2012

Vacation Day 6 August 17, 2012


Last day of vacation. I was so exhausted last night.  Being at Disneyland the day before wore me out. LOL!  I must be getting old. I was still groggy when I woke up this morning. Today is a rest day. We stayed in our room all day much to the chagrin of the hotel's housekeeping. Hubby and I finally got out to go eat a really late lunch. The boy didn't want to go with us. I was starving since I had missed breakfast.  So we walked over to Mimi's Cafe which was a 1/2 block down from our hotel. I had the Balsamic Shrimp Salad. It is one of the lunch specials. It came with soup or salad and a sundae for dessert. I had the french onion soup which was really good. I haven't had French Onion soup in forever. Hubby had the steak lunch special. He got a salad with his entree.
It was really warm out today. It was a little cooler yesterday so we were glad that we  went to Disneyland yesterday.  It felt like the high 90's and very humid out.  After lunch we hung out a bit before going to the Angels game. We had planned to take a dip in the pool but that never happened.
So we headed out to the evening Anaheim Angels baseball game. We were trying to figure out if there was a way to take public transportation to the game but there was nothing near the hotels to the game.  We ended up driving to the stadium. We could have walked but the stadium is 3 miles away from our hotel but the neighborhood isn't the best for walking around in after dark.  We didn't want to loose our parking spot at the hotel since they charge you to park in their lot and have taken up some of the spaces for valet parking.  Anyway the Angels played the Tampa Bay Rays. The giveaway tonight were Angels thunder sticks which are plastic blow up sticks that one bangs together.  The fans don't chant cheers but just bang their Thunder sticks. The stadium is nice. Parking was easy because they have a huge parking lot and the games aren't that crowded so we were fairly close to the stadium entrance. We had really good seats at right field past 1st base.  Jeff Keppinger who was a SF Giants player is now playing for the Tampa Bay Rays. They didn't have hardly any gluten free options. They had fruit bowls, hummus, nachos and a vegi salad. The boy wanted Panda Express so I got a steamed vegetables plain chicken steamed rice bowl. Hubby didn't want anything but he ate half of my rice bowl since there was a lot of food.  The Angels lost to the Rays 1-0. After the game there was a fireworks display.  It was a good show. The game started at 7:05pm and ended around 10:00ish. Before the game, the boy got an autograph from David Price, pitcher, for the Tampa Bay Rays. He signed his ticket to the game. The boy says he is a good pitcher.
When we got back from the game there weren't any parking spaces left at the hotel so we had to have them valet the car which we really didn't want to do. The valet didn't know how to drive a stick. Our car has a manual transmission. Seriously... We were not happy about having the valet park our car. So even though it is a nice hotel I don't think we will stay there again because of their charging to park in their lot and having to pay $9.95 for Wifi.  When we were staying here in 2008 we didn't have trouble parking or getting online.
Tomorrow we have a long day of driving home. We are all so ready to get home. It was a good trip and we had a good time.  Next time we will go see Catalina Island since we didn't get a chance to see it this trip.
I am subbing for one of the elementary schools when school starts on the 22nd. I will be subbing until they find another school assistant. I am also interviewing for the position. They called me while I was on vacation to see if I could come in for an interview since I couldn't they are starting the interviews after I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment