Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Seattle Trip Day 9 July 8, 2011

We are leaving Shady Grove, Oregon and off to see Crater Lake. We stopped at Rogue Gorge.  With all of the snow and rain we had the water was roaring down the gorge.  I have never seen this much water running down the gorge.  It was very pretty and wild.  We got to Crater Lake and there is still snow on the ground and on the peaks.  Some of the Rim Road was closed so we couldn't drive all away around the lake.  The water was a deeper blue. It is so pretty and breathtaking.  My son enjoyed seeing it. The last time he saw Crater Lake he was not quite one yet so he didn't remember seeing it. 
We are leaving Crater Lake and off to Klamath Falls, Oregon.  My hubby lived there for a while so he wanted to see the place again.  We stopped at Mc's On Main for lunch since all of the other restaurants closed at 2:30.  I had a turkey with avocado and bacon on a croissant with potato salad and melon slices, hubby had a pulled pork sandwich and the boy had a meatball sandwich.  It was pretty good.  We are headed to Moore Park. My son wanted to throw some ball so hubby is playing catch with him and I am sitting here writing in my journal and listening to my Ipod so I can later write my blog post.  It was a very nice day and the park is nice.  There is a marina across from the park which is nice, too. 
It was a fun trip but I'm so ready to go home!  Nothing like sleeping in your own bed. It has been 9 days of travelling in the car and staying in hotels.  We are stopping at Trinity Lake on the way home to camp a couple of days with our friends who camp up there every year.  On the way to Trinity we stopped at Sundial Bridge in Redding, CA.  We have been wanting to see this bridge because it is a really cool bridge.  It was really hot out. We stopped for dinner in Weaverville to get some groceries and grab some dinner before we headed to the camp ground. We wanted to eat at the hamburger drive in but there was a 30 minute wait so we went to Burger King which took as long to get our food. They were a little slow in there.  It was dark when we got there so we had to set up our tent in the dark.  The boy and I are were grumpy because it was a long hot drive and we were exhausted after our long car trip.  We all fell asleep quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment