Pages

Sunday, May 02, 2010

Fun Weekend Continued

We were up at 5:30am yesterday morning so we could be at the American River Park Half Marathon race by 6:45. Hubby's walk race started at 7:00am and the 5k that the boy and I were doing stared at 8:15. After hubby's race started we hung out until our race started. The half marathon runners were supposed to start at 8:00am but 3 of their shuttles were late so they waited until the shuttles came in. It was 8:15 before they started. We were supposed to start 15 minutes after they did but we had to wait for one of the shuttles to get there. Finally we started the race, the boy took off running. I was going to walk/run it but I ended up walking for most of it and ran a little bit of it towards the end. I saw a friend of mine along the route. I finished the race in 1 hour 14 minutes. I was trying to come in under 1 hour but I didn't make it. My son ran 2 miles of the race and walked the last 1/2 mile of it. He came in at 46:18. We grabbed some lunch and then went to the half marathon walk to wait for hubby to come in. He finally came in 3 hours 26 minutes later. Then we went to wait for our friend who was running the half marathon come in.

After the race we went back to our hotel room to take a shower before we went to my sister's house for my Mom's birthday party. We were hot and tired so we took a dip in the pool and then went into the spa before for a bit. We were a little late getting to my sister's house. We had a great time at my Mom's party. Almost all of my family were there as well as my Mom's friends. My sister wanted me to make a slide show DVD for my Mom. It came out really good. It was great to see my family especially my brother who I haven't seen in so long. After the party stayed for a bit to visit with my family then we headed back to our hotel room. We were exhausted after all the excitement of the day. It was a fun weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment