Pages

Friday, August 07, 2009

Last Day of Summer Swimming Lessons

I am so proud of my son. He jumped into the deep end from the diving board this morning. The boy has been apprehensive about being in the deep end or diving into the water in the deep end but he has conquered his fear. He has had 5 weeks of swimming lessons this summer through our Parks and Recreation department. The lessons were at our local high school pool because they are remodeling the pool they usually use. Today was the last day of swimming lessons. He has come a long way since the first week of lessons. He has done an excellent job mastering swimming. He now wants to be on our local swim team. I will look into it. His teacher, who is one of the coaches for the swim team, said she thinks he is ready to swim on the team. The team swims everyday for an hour. He is signed up for soccer in the fall so I don’t know what that schedule is for that or if it will conflict with the swimming team practices.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. Happy SITS sharefest. My kids just finished swimming lessons on Friday and I felt sad. Sad that summer is coming to an end. I remember the first time they went off the diving board and know that feeling. You just want the best for your kids.

    ReplyDelete