Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2005

My Car Finally Went to the Auto Body Shop

December 14, 2005

I finally heard from the other insurance carriers claims adjuster.  It has been almost two weeks.  We had already contacted our insurance company since it took them too long to respond.  I knew my car’s suspension was damaged but it is really bad.  When I was driving my car to the auto body shop the car started getting really hard for me to control.  I was only driving about 30 miles per hour.  So I called my husband who was meeting me at the auto body shop to come and get me.  He drove the car and I followed behind him.  He could only drive the car 20 mph.  We finally got to the shop and when the guy came out to look at the car he said, “oh wow”.  He said he would need to replace the whole back quarter panel and he needed to take it off to see how bad the damage to the suspension was.  He called me a couple of days later and said the floor boards also needed to be replaced and the t-bar looked like it was ok so he wasn’t putting that down on the estimate.  He would know for sure once he started working on the car.  It was a lot more damage then it looked.  Our insurance company claims adjuster had already been out to see the car.  So it looks like I won’t get my car back until the end of this month.  I’m glad the work has started to I can cross that off of my to do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment