Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Earthquake!

An earthquake woke me up at 3:20 am this morning. I heard it coming, the house creaked and it felt like a rolling wave.  The bed was shaking. All I thought was “Holy Crap, I hope this isn’t the big one.” Then I woke up my hubby who was still asleep to ask him if he felt it. No, he slept through it, I don’t know how. But he did light up his phone and checked the USGS earthquake site that we always go to after we feel one (this is California, after all). Then he went back to sleep! LOL!

The earthquake was centered near American Canyon which is 40 miles away from us.  It had a magnitude of 6.1. Downtown Napa was hit the hardest.  Some of the old buildings were affected, some of the roads buckled, Highway 121 has a crevice in it.


And I couldn’t get back to sleep. Adrenaline does that to me. And earthquakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment