Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Couch To 5K Program Week 4

I am  halfway through the Couch 2 5K program.  This week the program has me doing a brisk 5 minute warm up walk.  Jog for 3 minutes. Walk for 1 1/2 minutes. Jog for 5 minutes. Walk for 2 1/2 minutes. Jog for 3 minutes. Walk for 1 1/2 minutes. Jog for 5 minutes.  The last 2 weeks my husband has been doing the program with me even though my husband runs half marathons.  It is nice having someone jogging with me. The first week I started the program jogging by myself. I didn't think l was progressing.  Some of the days it felt like I was going backwards because it didn't feel like it was getting any easier to run.  Yesterdays run was good.  I didn't think I would ever be able to run without getting really winded.  It is getting easier to run. Like everything else some days are better than others.  I am still jogging really slow though.  I am looking for a 5K to run  in a couple of months.  Hopefully I will be able to run the 3.1 miles without stopping.  My husband said he will run the 5K with me.  This week I also changed my app voice from a woman to the zombie.  I didn't think I would like the zombie cuing me but it was fun having him cue me to walk or to jog.

No comments:

Post a Comment