Pages

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

50 Ways To Eat A Mango (10 Really)

A few weeks ago hubby came home with 24 ripe Manila Mangoes from our favorite organic produce store near hubby's work. That was a lot of mangoes and I wondered what we were going to do with them so we gave some to his mother. We ate some as is but that is not an easy task cutting them. You need a sharp knife, you cut two halves away from the seed, score the succulent orange flesh into squares without cutting the skin, turn the halves inside out and scoop out squares with a spoon or a knife. Enjoy!

This got me to thinking about other ways to enjoy mangoes like:
  • Eat sliced mango
  • Chicken Mango stir-fry
  • Mango Salsa
  • Mango Sorbet
  • Pork with a Mango Sauce
  • Spinach Mango Salad Vinaigrette
  • Mango Tarts
  • Mango Pie
  • Grilled Shrimp and Mango Salad
  • Mango Cobbler

  • Next we get some mangoes I am going to try out some of these recipes. I did make a Chicken Mango stir-fry that was really good.

    2 comments:

    1. Thanks for reminding me there is more than one way to eat a mango. Yum!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Sounds like some really great recipes. I never did care to much for mangos, but my grands love it. And maybe I would if I tried it a little differently huh?

      ReplyDelete