Pages

Friday, November 09, 2007

Fri 11/9 Blog Prompt
Since Thanksgiving is coming up here in the USA, I thought it would be fun to focus this month on things that we are thankful for. Each day I will give a specific topic and you need to name 3 or more of them that you are thankful for and tell why.

What things are you able to do are you thankful for?


1. I am thankful that I am able to help out in my son's classroom or to help out at school when they need me. When I am finished working in his classroom, I will stay and have lunch with him and hang out in the yard with him until it is time for him to go back to class.

2. I am thankful that I am able to take my son to his soccer, t-ball games and practices during the week. I enjoy watching him practice and play his games. He likes having me there.

3. I am thankful that I am able to be a SAHM and be there for my son. I love being able to pick him up after school and hang out with him in the afternoons.

3 comments:

  1. I loved parents that volunteer on a regular basis. It is always nice to have an extra pair of hands on them. The school is blessed to have you as a parent of one of their students!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son is blessed to have such an engaged and involved mother!

    I was never a SAHM but always worked PT to get medical insurance, and have never regretted the time spent caring for my child. The rat race can go on without me:)

    By the way, you asked how to spread out say, 80 cast on stitches over 4 double-pointed needles: You just use another needle once the first DPN has 20 and keep casting on the next 20 without worrying about the mess. After all 80 are on 4 different needles, lay the needles on a table and arrange them in a square formation with the knitted ridges all facing center. The working yarn is still attached to cast-on stitch #80, so use a 5th needle and start knitting on needle #1...that will join the last stitch of the cast-on row to the first stitch of row #2, and now you're knitting in the round. It's just a spiral. Hope that answered your question. I love to recruit knitters :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful that you are able to volunteer at school.

    ReplyDelete